A dermatologist in Newport Beach, California, Dr. Stefani Kappel “DIY hair masks can work, but they are not as neatly designed as the ones often found in salons” he explains. When it comes to hair masks made at home, there really is no such thing as the best mask. Houston-based dermatologist Dr. Geeta Patel says the analysis of finding the true hair mask definition depends on your hair’s needs. For example, some people want it to be shiny, while others may need help removing the frizz.
Products that can be used in homemade hair masks
There’s some formula for homemade hair masks: Lation can be started with a base like yogurt, biotin-rich avocado, banana, or mayonnaise to act as a binding agent. Then you can add a moisturizer, such as honey, which can act as a moisturizer. Then mix it with an oil such as grapeseed, olive or almond to repair the damage. Lation, “I normally avoid anything that is hard to rinse or hardens like cocoa butter or freezing oils”he explains.
Kappel says natural oils go a long way in creating a moisturizing hair mask. “Some of the most readily available ingredients at home are avocado oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil.” says. These natural oils can help repair damaged cuticles of individual hair shafts in treated hair, making them excellent choices for hair masks for dry and damaged hair. “Also, egg white and yolk are very effective” he explains. Apple cider vinegar is another good choice. It helps to increase parkability.
Homemade hair mask recipes
Damaged hair after dyeing
– 2 tbsp. full-fat yogurt
– ½ cup of mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Monica Davis, a hairstylist in Cedar Rapids, Ohio, “To get the most out of this restorative mask, you should first wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo”says .
– Afterwards, apply the mask evenly to damp hair, comb it with your fingers from the middle to the ends and do not apply it to the roots.
– “Let the mask do the job for about 50-60 minutes and this time rinse with shampoo, not revealing!”Davis says.
– Finish with your usual conditioner.
– ½ cup apple cider vinegar
– ½ cup of water
– 10-12 drops of tea tree oil
– 1 tablet of aspirin
– “Crush the aspirin,” Davis says.
– Mix the ingredients properly in a spray bottle and spray all over your scalp.
– Leave for about 30 minutes and shampoo.
Aspirin contains salicylic acid, which Davis says helps reduce inflammation and exfoliate dandruff. You can repeat this definition with each wash until the dandruff is gone.
For brightening and moisturizing
– 1½ avocados
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– Juice of ½ lemon
– 1-3 drops of an essential oil of your choice (optional)
– Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
– Coat hair evenly, cover with a towel and leave for 45 minutes.
– Wash with shampoo and conditioner.
Natural oils from avocado help beautify and moisturize a dry scalp. “The added lemon is an antibacterial and helps with dandruff,” Taylor adds. Olive oil protects hair from heat and honey helps moisturize and shine.
To repair hair splits
– 1 cup plain yogurt
– 1 tablespoon of castor oil
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1 egg
– Blend the yogurt until smooth.
– Add the remaining ingredients and mix until homogeneous.
– Apply it to your hair and leave it for at least an hour.
– Rinse properly.
Taylor “One of my favorite products to use is castor oil, which not only nourishes your hair but also helps thicken your hair and acts as an emollient to prevent hair loss and breakage.” Taylor. So if you are looking for a residential hair mask for hair growth, this is the one for you.
To prevent hair loss
– ½ avocado
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon. coconut oil
– ½ tsp. honey
– Mix all the ingredients and massage into your hair and scalp.
– Leave for at least 30 minutes.
– Rinse, shampoo and style as needed.
Dawn Clemens, founder and hairdresser of LarweHair, “One of the biggest causes of hair loss and thinning of hair is the lack of protein in our diet” he explains. She says this mask can give your hair a dose of “protein nourishment.”
To add moisture to the hair
– 1 banana (the ripe the better)
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 2 teaspoons of coconut milk
– Mix the banana properly until it is lump-free.
– Then slowly add the olive oil while mixing, then add the coconut milk.
To repair damaged hair
– ½ avocado
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon. olive oil
– 1 tablespoon. honey
– Mash all the ingredients together using a fork.
– Apply to dry hair, starting from the ends and moving towards the upper truth.
– When you’re done, collect your hair and put it on a shower cap or wrap it in a towel for up to an hour.
– Rinse with warm water to remove the mask, then shampoo.
Calabasas, California-based dermatologist and renowned beauty expert Dr. “Hair is protein, and this mask contains moisturizing oils and lots of nourishing protein,” says Anna Guanche.