In this article, we will talk about the benefits of natural skin care products with the help of Misbahçe Founding Partner Serra Göney. However, first of all, it is necessary to learn which oils do what, which oils and which components can be used in the middle to get more effect. That’s why we have a guide for you. personalized skin care oil guide we prepared. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of oil types and how to prepare care oils, while in the second part of our guide, we will discuss which oil can be used for which skin problem in a more detailed form.
We are sure that you have started to hear the name of personalized care serums and creams a lot in the last period. According to the information given by Misbahçe Founding Partner Serra Göney, in order to have the maximum effect in skin care products, as few ingredients as possible should be used in one medium.
The second part of our article series: Serra Göney states that if our skin has more than one problem and we are looking for solutions to these problems, to put it more clearly, if we want different effects in the middle, we can achieve the maximum effect in skin care by applying works with different contents to our skin on different days of the week, instead of using all the works in one. Of course, what is valuable here is to know which oils are suitable for the skin type of the skin, and to learn what kind of works these oils can be used with and how they can show their effects more. That’s why Serra Göney gave detailed information about fixed, essential and ozonated oils for Pudra.com readers. Thus, when we want to create an oil mixture according to the skin type, we will be able to reach more accurate mixtures.
How should the oil mixture be according to the skin type?
- In facial care, it is necessary to use a maximum of 1 percent of essential oil and 99 percent of fixed oil, which we choose according to our skin type.
- Some essential oils such as ylang ylang may need to be used less than this. (Ylang ylang should not be more than 0.4%.
- Oils with high palmitic acid can be preferred for better protection of the skin in winter months.
- In the sebum of acne-prone skin, some acids are found in different proportions compared to sensitive skin and oily skin. The sebum of acne-prone skin has less linoleic acid and more oleic acid. In comparison, linoleic acid is thought to be more likely to cause acne. For this reason, when producing a personalized skin care cream or serum, only those with sensitive and oily skin should prefer oils with high linoleic acid.
- The choice of oil for dry skin should aim to create a barrier on the skin. For this reason, dry skinned people should prefer oils with high oleic acid. Oleic acid constitutes 40% of all acids found in nature. But oils stronger than oleic acid are not suitable for acne, acne, rosacea and sensitive skin.
- Oleic acids and linoleic acids constitute the main components of most of the fixed oils at a rate of 98%. Fixed oils also contain alpha linoleic, gamma linoleic and pamitic and stearic oils with saturated fatty acids.
- For good absorption, fixed oils and essential oils are used together. Because essential oils increase penetration.
- When creating your personal care serum, you can consider 20 drops as 1 ml for convenience as a measurement unit.
What should the classic skin care routine be like?
- Purifying the skin (skin cleansing)
- Mask application
- rinsing with water
- Tonic application
- Applying skin oil
Let’s talk about the benefits of skin oils…
- The oils used for the skin are derived from natural ingredients. Cold pressed skin oils contain more nutrients for the skin.
- It is more stable than water-based artifacts. Just like water-based creams, they do not contain chemicals.
- Skin absorption is more effective than creams in contact with the type of oil.
- It is a nice moisturizer in winter. They do not fly easily. It traps moisture as they form a second barrier on the skin; they protect the skin from pollution, cold and dry air.
The most valuable point for skin oil is to find the most real oil for your skin. Accordingly, we can list the properties of oils in the following form:
Fixed oils It is obtained from the seeds and fruits of plants. The cold pressing method is applied. These oils are rich in saturated fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It is the use of cold-pressed fixed oils, which is an ideal in skin care. Fixed oils are also used to dilute essential oils.
Major types of fixed oils
- Jojoba oil
- Argan oil
- Separated coconut oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- rosehip oil
- sweet almond oil
- Shea (Shea butter)
Benefits of essential (essential) oils
Essential oils are the essential oils of plants extracted by distillation and squeezing procedure. Essential oils were used in the manufacture of cologne in Germany in the 16th century. In the 19th century, it began to be used in the manufacture of antibiotics. It is valuable to look at the purity of essential oils, which are oils with very high therapeutic power, and to analyze them appropriately. Because essential oils should definitely be used by diluting them with a fixed oil, alcohol or water.
Essential oils used in skin care
- Patchouli oil
- tea tree oil
- Vetiver oil
- Bergamot (FCF) oil
- lavender oil
- Daily fat (Frankincense)
- sandalwood oil
- geranium oil
- Ylang Ylang
Ozone is a layer that protects the Earth from the sun’s rays. Since ozone circulates in the air as a gas, it is impossible to store it. However, we can take this gas into our bodies by means of oxygen in the forests and seasides where the air is the purest. In order to obtain ozone oil, which has an antioxidant effect, a mixture of the purest forms of olive oil, sesame, jojoba and wheat oils is obtained.
Ozonated oil types
- Ozonated olive oil
- Ozonated centaury oil