Nowadays, many people are struggling with skin problems. Skin problems, which a valuable part of the world’s population deal with, directly affect human psychology and living standards. Air pollution, pandemic and use of masks; It causes the growth of skin problems such as acne, eczema, dryness and allergies. La Roche-Posay, one of the leading brands in dermocosmetics, started a movement that calls everyone to raise their voice and raise awareness against skin problems. #SkinMore than Visiblewho says La Roche-Posay, bringing the world of dermatology to the fore in the first leg of the awareness movement, DermLiveHe signed a big digital event called.
He invited us from La Roche-Posay to raise awareness on an issue that concerns us all and for a skin movement against skin problems that have a significant impact on quality of life.
Impact of skin issues on quality of life
DermLive, organized by La Roche-Posay on Tuesday, November 24, with more than 5000 guests, journalists, influencers, dermatologists and patients from more than 60 countries, was brought to life with the aim of raising awareness about the impact of skin issues on health and quality of life.
Acne and eczema problem in the world in numbers
- Skin problems are growing all over the world today, but they are still an underestimated problem. 2 billion people in the world are dealing with skin problems. This number represents more than a quarter of the world’s population.
- 50% of individuals with acne problem isolate themselves from social life. In France, 350,000 working days are missed a year due to recurring acne problems.
- In the United States, absenteeism due to atopic dermatitis costs the government and companies $5.3 billion.
- 10% of people with skin problems have access to a dermatologist.
- 40% of adult women struggle with acne.
- 70% of individuals with acne describe themselves as having low self-esteem.
- 50% of people with atopy or eczema feel excluded by society.
- Between 46% and 60% of individuals with atopy or eczema are unable to sleep soundly due to nighttime discomfort.
- Worldwide, 165 million babies and children have atopic skin.
- According to estimates, 1 in 2 people will have skin allergies in 2050.
- 46% of people with acne are more likely to be depressed than those without acne.
- 79% of eczema patients experience disruption in their work life due to skin problems.
- 80% of cancer patients complain of side effects on their skin.
Topics of digital activity
- In the digital event where the latest developments in the field of dermatology are discussed, full of special content and world-renowned speakers who are experts in their fields, the innovations that La-Roche-Posay, one of the technology-focused brands of the L’Oréal Group, will be presented to the department in 2021 were also introduced.
- La-Roche-Posay, who is in the position of chairman in the field of dermatology, discussed issues such as acne, eczema and cancer with experts at DermLive, which is the biggest event he has ever organized and also the first international digital event.
- Following the success of last year’s International Microbiome Peak, La Roche-Posay went one step further with 2020 DermLive and shared the latest developments in dermatology with attendees.
- More than 5000 people from more than 60 countries participated in the event, including world-renowned dermatologists, journalists and influencers.
Different bets were handled in different workshops
In the event, which consisted of 2 sessions, in addition to the panel where the 1-hour general session was discussed with neuroscience and psychology experts and the effect of skin problems on the quality of life, workshops were also held, where developments were discussed and the opportunity to interact with the participants. Different rooms have been created for the activity.
Talking in event rooms
- In the Eczema Room, one of La-Roche-Posay’s most beloved works of Lipikarmicrobiome science behind it and new scientific developments were discussed.
- La Roche-Posay’s newest in the Acne Room anti-blemishhis work Effaclar Serumlaunch, microbiome and acne, skin care routines, skin care dos and don’ts were discussed.
- The Repair Room, L’Oreal For The Future Room, and Onko Room were other platforms for attendees to join.
- While expert speakers shared their experiences with the participants, questions were answered in the question-answer event. World-renowned influencers experienced new works and shared their views with their followers.
- Instagram applications such as make-up applications and virtual photo booth also took part in the event.
Skin problems have a noticeable impact on quality of life
After the pandemic and the use of masks, skin diseases and the psychological effects of these diseases are being discussed more and more every day. La Roche-Posay conducted a study on the impact of skin problems on quality of life.
The study, which determined that problems such as acne, eczema and allergies have a strong effect on social life, revealed that dermatology saves individuals from many problems beyond the skin.
La Roche-Posay also revealed the unknown power of dermatology with DermLive activity. La Roche-Posay, who says #SkinMore than Visible and started an awareness campaign with DermLive activity, calls on everyone to raise their voices to create awareness and conveys the message that no one should suffer spiritually due to skin problems.
Perspectives obtained in DermLive will be discussed in live broadcasts in Turkey.
Matters and prominent opinions at the 2020 International DermLive will also be discussed in live broadcasts in Turkey. These broadcasts will consist of 3 legs.
#SkinMore than Visible live streams on December 7, 10 and 14, 2020
In the events to be held on December 7, 10 and 14, 2020, where developments in the field of dermatology and the effects of dermatology on quality life will be discussed in company with dermatologists and psychologists; well-known influencers Işık Bilen Yavuzer, Meriç Küçük and Elvin Levinler will also meet with pleasantness and care enthusiasts in live broadcasts. Yavuzer, Küçük and Levinler will experience La Roche-Posay’s revolutionary new skin care products for their followers and say #SkinMore than Visible.
La Roche-Posay puts science and people at the focal point of its understanding of dermatology. While scientific studies play a leading role in offering the most reliable, efficient and useful skin treatments, La Roche-Posay cooperates with 90,000 dermatologists and physicians all over the world. La Roche-Posay has also conducted more than 600 clinical studies on more than 100,000 patients globally, from infants to the elderly.