What Are the Causes of Chest Pain in Children?
The cause of chest pain in children is always the same as in adults. heart not welded. Chest pain is more common in children aged 11-13 years.
Causes of Chest Pain in Children
in children causes of chest painare:
- Idiopathic chest pain, which is a non-cardiac cause, is observed in the form of attacks. In addition to the absence of a physical finding, it is not related to training.
- Chest pain may occur due to problems in the musculoskeletal system. It usually occurs as a result of an incorrect movement in training or as a result of lifting too much weight.
- Sliding Rib Syndrome is one of the causes of chest pain in children. It is a pseudo-pain syndrome in the chest. It is the reflection of the abnormalities in the ribs as pain in the chest area.
- Inflammation of the pericardium causes pain behind the breastbone.
- If there is a rhythm disorder in the heart, a pain is felt in the chest.
- Lung origin; Diseases such as pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma can cause chest pain.
- High pulmonary arterial pressure is one of the causes of chest pain.
- Problems related to the stomach, such as reflux, may also appear as chest pain with the prestige of the stomach’s position.
Situations to Be Concerned About Chest Pain
First of all, situations where chest pain is related to the heart are more dangerous. Therefore in child ache; It should be detected from the left side of the chest without spreading to the abdomen, neck and arm regions and precautions should be taken. In addition, a doctor should be consulted in case of fainting, tendency to faint, palpitations, having undergone a random heart surgery before, or a death in the family due to the heart.
Could Chest Pain Be Due to Spiritual Reasons?
Exam tension, problems experienced by the child in school life, mental problems such as depression and anxiety also cause chest pain.