mouth sores in babies It is one of the most common issues. Mouth sores, called aphthae, can cause the baby to become cranky and uncomfortable. These aphthae, that is, mouth sores, which usually occur during the teething period, may be due to the following reasons:
- A high temperature of the baby can lead to the formation of mouth sores.
- Injuries to the mouth lead to infection and can cause mouth sores.
- Vitamin deficiencies and malnutrition in the baby can lead to mouth sores.
- Stress can also lead to mouth sores for babies.
- Aphthae can also occur due to various viral diseases.
- Food allergies can also cause mouth sores.
- Biting the lip or consuming hard foods can cause irritation.
Does mouth sores show symptoms in babies?
Mouth sore symptoms in babies easily understood by the mother. Mouth sores, which mostly occur on the inside of the cheeks and lips, can also occur on the palate. Mouth sores are round and oval in shape. Its symptoms are:
- The mouth sore bursts and turns into a sore. During its transformation into a wound, water spreads into the mouth and causes bad breath.
- In the case of mouth sores, the baby is unable to suck milk or consume nutrients.
- Mouth sores are often associated with increased salivation. High fever and loss of appetite are also among the most common symptoms.
- Babies experience fussiness and discomfort.
How to treat mouth sores in babies?
Mouth sore treatment in babies For non-severe mouth sores, it is expected to pass ex officio. However, if vitamin deficiency or different conditions are the subject of words, it is valuable to take supplements from the doctor. Although natural ways are mostly effective for mouth sores, it is not recommended to use it outside of the doctor’s recommendation, since some babies are allergic to various foods (such as turmeric or honey). If aphthae that does not go away ex officio are the subject of speech (if the mouth wound does not heal within ten days), it is absolutely necessary to consult a specialist and the most appropriate treatment method should be initiated by the physician. In cases of vitamin deficiency, support can be started with the recommendation of a physician.