Using outdated artifacts can damage your skin. For example, an expired lipstick may cause an allergic reaction on your lips. That’s why, as in everything else, the expiry date of make-up materials is very valuable. But remember, the date the make-up material was produced is not valuable, but the date you opened the package and used it.
How to read the expiry date on makeup tools?
If you are wondering what is the expiry date of a make-up product, here is an easy analysis method for you. All make-up materials have an open jar picture on the reverse side. This sign, which means how much should be used after opening; It also allows you to calculate how much respite you can use.
So what should we do to use our make-up tools for a long time?
- If an artifact is starting to develop a scent in a significant way, it’s time to go. Make sure all your creations are covered after use and store the makeup in a cool, dry place.
- Storing makeup items in different environments (like lipstick in the fridge) can keep them fresh after their expiration date.
- Another thing to keep in mind: don’t “pump” the mascara stick in and out of the tube. All you do is make the artifact come into contact with air which causes it to deteriorate faster.
- Pencil eyeliners and lip pencils last longer when sharpened systematically.
- If you have trouble remembering exactly how long you’ve used an artifact, write the date you opened it under the box with a permanent marker for easy reference.
- It can be even more difficult to recognize that make-up tools that don’t have an exact expiration date, such as sponges and brushes, deteriorate. In order to use it for a long time, make-up brushes and sponges should be cleaned systematically. For example; While make-up sponges should be cleaned daily, washing all of the brushes once a week will prolong their use.
When to throw away makeup
- Powder works:2 years
- Cream eyeshadow and blush:12-18 months
- Oil-free foundation:1 year
- Cream compact foundation:18 months
- Concealer:12-18 months
- Lipstick and lip liner:1 year
- Lipgloss:18- 24 months
- pencil eyeliner:2 years
- Liquid or gel eyeliner:3 months
- Mascara:3 months